With inReach satellite technology from Garmin, you can send and receive messages, track and share your journey and — if necessary — trigger an SOS to get emergency help from the 24/7 global monitoring center.
Explore Anywhere — Communicate Everywhere
Discover the inReach Difference
Garmin products that include inReach technology can empower you to stay connected, even when you’re venturing off the grid. All inReach solutions offer you these essential capabilities:
- 100 percent global Iridium satellite coverage enables 2-way text messaging to any cell phone number or email address from anywhere in the world
- Interactive SOS with the ability to communicate back and forth with the 24/7 global monitoring center
- GPS location sharing, tracking, device pinging and access to your own personalized MapShare webpage to invite others to follow your journey
- Convenient cloud-based device management portal with unlimited trip data storage, route and waypoint planning tools and account customization options
- The included Earthmate® app lets you pair your inReach-enabled device with smartphones and tablets for ultra-convenient messaging and map viewing
In Case of Emergency, inReach Delivers
Encounter an at-risk situation in a remote location or offshore, and inReach quickly becomes the most valuable tool in your survival kit. It provides global, interactive SOS capabilities — and that means you’re able to trigger a distress signal, receive delivery confirmation that help is on the way and maintain a 2-way text conversation with the GEOS emergency monitoring center. GEOS is standing by 24/7 to assist with your emergency, track your location and notify the most appropriate emergency response for your unique situation. Whenever, wherever — the GEOS team will stay in communication with you until your situation is resolved.
The SOS Advantage: 2-way Communication
Unlike other popular satellite communication devices, inReach 2-way communication technology allows you to receive and send messages — so you’re continually updated on the status of any search or rescue operation. While others who use limited 1-way devices are left to sit and wonder if their SOS has been received, your inReach 2-way messaging provides a much more reassuring scenario:
- You press SOS to send an emergency alert.
- GEOS quickly responds, letting you know help has been called.
- You describe your emergency so responders know whom and what to send.
- Responders advise you when to expect assistance — and suggest potentially life-saving actions to take in the meantime.
- You communicate with friends and family, letting them know the situation and where to contact the rescue team.
- Help arrives. You’re able to coordinate any logistics or medical care that may be needed upon your return.
Count on 100 Percent Global Satellite Coverage
inReach operates on the Iridium satellite network — a synchronized constellation of 66 low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites. It’s the only network that spans the entire globe, offering seamless 100 percent coverage worldwide. You never have to worry about being within range of a cell tower — or paying exorbitant satellite phone fees or cellular roaming charges. inReach connectivity works anywhere and everywhere — with no fringe zones or blackout areas — so you can stay in touch from any point on the planet.
Subscriptions: Affordability Meets Flexibility
An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach, and we offer 2 categories of plans: monthly or annual.
Monthly Freedom Plans
- Ideal for seasonal or occasional use
- Pay for airtime service only when you need it
- Minimum 30-day commitment
- Suspend your service
- Ideal for year-round use and peace of mind
- Lower monthly fees
- 12-month contract required
- Move up a plan for free
Transform Your Remote Business Communications
inReach is the ideal remote communications and logistics coordination solution for any enterprise application that requires remote connectivity for tracking, messaging, field data collection and more. Garmin offers an array of flexible inReach enterprise solutions that can help keep your remote workers oriented, accessible and informed.